a) Personal Information Protection and Privacy
b) What is personal information?
“Personal information” is personally identifiable information such as your name, residential address and email address and includes information about your products, services, subscriptions and usage, credit card information and billing records. It does not include the name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
c) What type of personal information does Skin Discovery collect?
Skin Discovery collects various types of personal information. I may collect any of the following:
i) Your name, billing/shipping address, email address, telephone number, and credit card information, including card number, card type, cardholder name and expiration date, when you purchase products or services from me or products from the online Skin Discovery shop. By purchasing a product or service from me you consent to have your email address added to the Skin Discovery mailing list with the purpose of updating you on your purchase, delivering products, informing you of upcoming news, events, updates, promotions and contests pertaining to Skin Discovery.
ii) Personal information you provide to me when you participate in any of my online services. This personal information might include your name, profession, email address, phone number, photographs, answers to specific questions, password and computer information. The personal information you provide to us when participating in my online services, blogs or forums may be used for marketing purposes.
iii) Personal information you provide to me when you participate in one of my contests, sweepstakes or surveys. This information may include your name, email address and street address, and the answers to survey questions. The personal information you provide when participating in these promotions, surveys and contests may be used for marketing purposes.
iv) Personal information you provide when subscribing to my emails or when you use my website. This personal information might include your name, billing/shipping address, email address, telephone number, and credit card information, including card number, card type, cardholder name and expiration date.
iiv) Certain technical information from your computer each time you request a page during a visit to my website www.myskindiscovery.com. This information is collected from your computer’s web browser to enhance your experience on my website and may include your IP address, operating system, web browser software, screen resolution, and referrer website.
d) How Does Skin Discovery collect personal information?
I collect personal information that is voluntarily provided to me by my clients, sponsors, website users and the public in general when they contact me via telephone, email, web browser, or in person. As mentioned above, I may also collect personal information from my business partners and other third parties who have agreed to obtain the consent of the person the information pertains to before disclosing the information to me.
Skin Discovery may also collect personal information through the following means:
Web beacons. To assess the effectiveness of promotional and marketing emails I send, I may attach a web beacon to the email that provides me with confirmation when the recipient opens the email. This only occurs if the recipient’s computer supports such technology.
b) Why does Skin Discovery collect your Personal Information?
Skin Discovery may collect personal information about you and use it for the following reasons:
- To provide products and services to you, to inform you of changes and other relevant information pertaining to your purchase, to bill you when you make a purchase from me, to acknowledge your support and to provide that information to the Canada Revenue Agency and to contact you when necessary for these purposes.
- To provide you with services or recognition you request.
- For marketing purposes. I may use your contact information to send you emails about promotions, surveys, contests and special events or providing other marketing information to you. Promotional emails are intended to inform you of new or unique opportunities, events or special promotions that are available from Skin Discovery. You can opt not to receive these emails from me by either clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email when you receive it or by sending me an email that includes your email address and a request that you not receive my promotional emails. In addition, I may send you postal mail notifying you of promotions, surveys, contests or special events or providing other marketing information to you. You can unsubscribe from this postal mail service by sending an email with “unsubscribe” in the subject line to email@example.com that includes your email address and street address. This information will only be used to remove your from my list of recipients of marketing emails and mail.
- To improve the quality of your visit to my website. I use electronic information such as “cookies” to improve your use of my website. I collect certain information (e.g., purchasing trends) based on your navigation of my website to better understand and serve my clients and website visitors. This data allows me to streamline your ability to navigate my website and develop featured programs and content that will be of interest to my clients and website visitors.
- To improve my product and service offerings. I monitor and analyze the use of my product and service offerings in order to determine which services are popular and useful to my clients and website visitors so that I can improve them.
- To better understand your interests. Skin Discovery may also prepare aggregated user statistics or information summaries to describe my products and services and their popularity to our business partners and prospective advertisers and for other lawful purposes. The aggregated user statistics and information will not contain any personally identifiable information.
- To provide a secure and safe environment for my website visitors.
- To cooperate with law enforcement and to protect against violations of criminal or civil laws.
- I may use your personal information to respond when you submit a question or suggestion to me, or when viewing your purchase(s) on www.myskindiscovery.com
THE DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Skin Discovery takes your privacy seriously and WILL NEVER sell or rent any personal information I collect. Skin Discovery may disclose some personal information collected to service providers who help me provide personalized content and advertising to you.
HOW SKIN DISCOVERY PROTECTS YOUR PRIVACY
Skin Discovery is committed to protecting your privacy. Security measures, such as restricted access and the use of passwords and encryption have been adopted to protect your personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
All information submitted to my website or email addresses is transferred to the Skin Discovery computer servers. During an online transaction, this information is submitted using the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. SSL-enabled web browsers employ a security protocol between the client and the server computer in order to ensure that information will be transferred to the intended recipient secured servers only.
The internet is, by its nature, inherently open and subject to interception of information. I cannot guarantee that information you provide to me over the internet or otherwise will not be intercepted by third parties while it is being communicated by means that are outside of my control.
VERIFYING AND AMENDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Skin Discovery tries to ensure that all personal information about you that is in my possession is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To enable us to do so, please inform Christine of any changes or updates to your information.
You can inquire about, access and review your personal information held by Skin Discovery and make corrections to it. Please do so by sending me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with these matters. In some cases Skin Discovery will be prevented from disclosing the requested information to you. If any request you make for access to personal information is denied, I will provide you with an explanation.
RESOLVING YOUR CONCERNS
If you have any questions or concerns about Skin Discovery’s personal information collection, use and disclosure practices, please let me know and I will be happy to assist you. You can contact me at 416-577-8403 or by email with any questions or concerns.